Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says

A 14-year-old child was among four others injured, the acting governor of Russia’s Belgorod region says.

14 minutes agoShareSaveAdd as preferred on Google

Alexander Kazakov Belgorod's acting Governor Alexander Shuvaev in a suit and tie earlier this monthAlexander Kazakov
Belgorod’s acting Governor Alexander Shuvaev says the missile strikes damaged a building and car

Six people have been killed and four injured in Ukrainian missile strikes on Russia’s Belgorod region overnight, its acting governor has said.

A 14-year-old child was among those injured, Alexander Shuvaev wrote on Telegram early on Monday.

The strikes come a night after what officials called the “largest-scale” attack launched by Ukraine this year, in which at least seven people were killed.

Russian attacks on Ukraine also killed at least seven people and injured more than 39 on the same night.

Shuvaev said that the latest strikes had burned a building and damaged a car in the village of Koloskovo in the Valuysky district, which is close to Russia’s border with Ukraine.

The injured child had been sent to hospital while two others had received medical assistance, he added.

Moscow has intensified missile attacks across Ukraine in recent weeks, with Kyiv also stepping up drone strikes deep inside Russia.

Both warring sides accuse each other of targeting civilians.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About the Author

Easy WordPress Websites Builder: Versatile Demos for Blogs, News, eCommerce and More – One-Click Import, No Coding! 1000+ Ready-made Templates for Stunning Newspaper, Magazine, Blog, and Publishing Websites.

BlockSpare — News, Magazine and Blog Addons for (Gutenberg) Block Editor

Search the Archives

Access over the years of investigative journalism and breaking reports